Saturday, January 22, 2011

"First LOVE"

This is one of those subject that we can share about because the minute we read the word Love thoughts come to us like rushing water.  Love is so scary for so many because it makes you vulnerable, I am a lover, and like most people got my heartbroken and my share of pain but love is such a gift that i just can not resist to it.  The thing is our Love is always imperfect even though we tried to give the best of us.  There is only one true Love and that is what i want to share with you.

Many times I heard the phrase at church return to your first love, and it always point it out to me to that first time when I met Jesus and fall completely in Love with Him.  However, recently the Father started to share with me about the FIRST LOVE, and I must tell you that I have not arrived , but I am learning to experience it completely different.  It is not about how much I believe that I love God but HOW MUCH I KNOW THAT HE LOVES ME

We need to remember that "HE is good, HIS steadfast Love endures forever, HE is abounding in Love and Faithful"...... then why we do not feel it at time.  These are HIS words "As the Father loved me, I also have loved you, abide in MY LOVE" (john15:9) (by the way i just love the book of John, so much love)  

The Father and The SON have the perfect love; this was the FIRST LOVE.  We love because HE first loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins (1john4:10).  The HOLY SPIRIT whom is such a fantastic teacher, was showing me that when we abide in Jesus we partake of the same relationship that Jesus has with the Father. How do I abide in Him? it was one of my questions. The Hebrew definition for abide is to dwell, remain,sit, to stay.  I remember the first time HE said to me in His audible voice : "be still and know I am God".  I must confess the word still has been one of those words outside my dictionary; however, when i began to allow HIS Spirit to lead me instead of me driving, i began to experience Peace, and I could feel His pleasure over me.  I stay in His presence, and this does not means that i do not get out of my house, but in everything i do, i want to invite HIM to be the center. 


The picture that HE always shows me is this: The FATHER and The SON delighting in each other; then here i come to CHRIST in whom I live, move and have my being. A gift of LOVE freely given to me; nothing I did perfect.  All i did was to receive.  The FATHER who loves me so much, who is crazy about me, gave up HIS beloved SON to bring me back to HIS perfect LOVE.  We sometimes are too concerned about doing when is in receiving where everything began for us.

We can do all the good deeds, we may try to do our best in all situations, and more but outside Jesus these are dead works because it is in Christ that we come together under the banner of Love where God the Father works through for His glory. What this world needs is people willing to Love others without limit.  Can you stop and think for a moment what could have happen if Jesus would have put limitations on His love? I truly do not want to know.  Instead of judging, labeling, condemning, we are to walk in HIS LOVE displaying it so that we can be the light and salt of this world.  "Love does not harm to its neighbor, Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law" (Romans13:10)

The FIRST LOVE as the Holy Spirit shows is to be in Christ because there Love is perfect, remaining in HIM so that I receive HIS love, Abiding in HIM so that I can love others.  HIS love is perfect, outside of HIM love is just an emotion, a feeling, a sensation."He who does not love does not know God" 1john 4:8.  HE is LOVE.

I leave you now with these questions; Do you want to experience HIS perfect love? Do you want to remain in the First Love?  HE is saying:" Come, you are my passion, I want to lavish you with a love that never end." Remember there is nothing that can separate us from HIS love, because HIS love is always there like liquid oil running down from heaven towards us because HE LOVES US.

No comments:

Post a Comment